Tuesday 4 October 2011

Record Aids

I don't know about you, but when I knit an item, I am usually so keen to get onto my next one that I never record what I have done.  I write tensions and notes on different bits of paper or envelopes and then find these weeks later and cannot remember to what yarn or garment they refer to, and usually end up in the bin. So...........................................I made myself 2 record sheets.

The one below is to record the Tension of a yarn and my intension is to keep one sheet in a folder to record the yarn and then to cut one of the boxes off and staple it to the yarn band with a small sample of the wool.  Then I will have a record if I ever want to use this wool again.  I know each cone and colour of wool does knit at a different tension but it would give me a starting point.




The second aid is to record a garment.  I can fill this in and put it in a folder so I can refer to it if I wish to make another garment of the same type.  I amy also consider putting the sheet in a polypocket with the tension square/sample of the wool.

 

You can make a similar sheet or if you send me you email, I will gladly send you a copy.

No comments: