Monday 14 March 2011

Machine Knitting Monthly April 2011

For the past few days I have been continuing with my 'fish patterning' project for my March Machine Knitters Guild Meeting. I am starting to sew it up tonight and will hopefully get some pictures up later in the week.

Anyway, I forgot to mention, I subscribe to Machine Knitting Monthly magazine http://www.machineknittingmonthly.net/  and I received the April issue last week. It is celebrating its 25th Anniversary and produced a bumper magazine.  I am hoping to be able to give a quick review of items which appeal to me in the magazine and hopefully you will also find interesting.

Interesting Patterns
DK Cardigan and Jumper in Garter Stitch which emulates an Aran type pattern
Chunky sweater with pockets 
Cushions with Garter Carriage - Ideal Project for Beginners 
DK Assortment of Baby Garments - Hooded Cardigan, Cardigan, Hat and Slipover
Aran Weight Jumper and Jacket knitted on a Chunky
Chunky tots to teens long jumper with centre cable - even if you do not knit the garment you could try out the cable on a cushion
4ply plain jumper with decorative raglan sleeve

Other Interesting Articles
Carl Boyd shows how to knit some flowers
How to create fancy raglans in the Learner Series
Pleats with Bill King
Passap - Using your Deco or Jac40

Well must go and get some knitting done!

No comments: